To easily explain and understand what mining pool is, Mining pools are group miners who have their hashpowers computed together to easily solve a block. Here are some advantages when joining in mining pool.
- Faster block solving leads to faster income than mining alone.
- More Stable income
- Ensures the network consensus for the miner of the user
- Rewards are shared between users
- Mining pool downtime or interruptions
- Mining pool fees
Here are some of the best mining pools available.
- BTC.com – A mining pool from china that mined 15% of all the blocks
- Slush – A mining pool that currently mines 11% of all the blocks
- Antpool – The mining pool from bitmain that created the antminers
- GMX Pool – A mining pool from Gominer company that created the GMX R1-C.
- F2pool – another pool from china and has mined about 10% of the blocks
- ViaBTC – a chinese miners targeted mining pool.
Be sure to check the mining pool’s stability or name to lessen these disadvantages.